The PERFECT Sangria•
Posted on April 26 2021
After 30 years of testing every sangria that came our way. We have a winner!
This is exactly how you will enjoy the AUTHENTIC & DELICIOUS Spanish beverage.
- 180g apple (cored, skin on, chopped into small pieces)
- 195g orange (rind on, sliced into small pieces, large seeds removed // plus more for garnish)
- 123-165g organic brown sugar (or 3 Tbsp (37.5 g) organic cane sugar as original recipe is written)
- 540ml orange juice (plus more to taste)
- 240ml brandy (plus more to taste)
- 2250ml bottle dry Spanish red wine*
- ~651g Ice to chill
INSTRUCTIONS (makes 12 cups)
- Add apples, oranges, and sugar to a large pitcher and muddle with a muddler or wooden spoon for 45 seconds.
- Add orange juice and brandy and muddle again to combine for 30 seconds.
- Add red wine and stir to incorporate, then taste and adjust flavour as needed. I added a bit more brandy, orange juice and brown sugar. Stir to combine.
- Add ice and stir once more to chill. Serve as is, or with a bit more ice. Garnish with orange segments (optional).
- Store leftovers covered in the refrigerator for up to 48 hours, though best when fresh.
- Drink with a delightful friend or relative that makes you smile!
WE LOVE THE SPANISH...
Here's Why....Read More
A TASTE OF SPAIN (I...
A perfect night out - a gorgeous restaurant, beautiful wine and the flavours of Spain. All can be found at my new favourite date night spot, Nomad...Read More
The PERFECT Sangria
After 30 years of testing every sangria that came our way - I am happy to say I finally have the winning recipe! This is exactly how you will en...Read More