The PERFECT Sangria
After 30 years of testing every sangria that came our way. We have a winner!
This is exactly how you will enjoy the AUTHENTIC & DELICIOUS Spanish beverage.
- 180g apple (cored, skin on, chopped into small pieces)
- 195g orange (rind on, sliced into small pieces, large seeds removed // plus more for garnish)
- 123-165g organic brown sugar (or 3 Tbsp (37.5 g) organic cane sugar as original recipe is written)
- 540ml orange juice (plus more to taste)
- 240ml brandy (plus more to taste)
- 2250ml bottle dry Spanish red wine*
- ~651g Ice to chill
INSTRUCTIONS (makes 12 cups)
- Add apples, oranges, and sugar to a large pitcher and muddle with a muddler or wooden spoon for 45 seconds.
- Add orange juice and brandy and muddle again to combine for 30 seconds.
- Add red wine and stir to incorporate, then taste and adjust flavour as needed. I added a bit more brandy, orange juice and brown sugar. Stir to combine.
- Add ice and stir once more to chill. Serve as is, or with a bit more ice. Garnish with orange segments (optional).
- Store leftovers covered in the refrigerator for up to 48 hours, though best when fresh.
- Drink with a delightful friend or relative that makes you smile!